The Scaleform team at Autodesk is looking for a part time video editor at our Greenbelt, MD office. Scaleform is the leading provider of User Interface (UI) technologies in the Video Games industry with Scaleform software used in over 2000 video game titles so far. Autodesk is the world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software and services. The video editor will be expected to perform the following job duties.
· Gain a basic level of familiarity with necessary software (Scaleform SDK, Unity Editor) to capture raw footage from games/applications using Scaleform and Scaleform executables running on PC/Mobiles. Some familiarity with frame capture techniques used to capture video from mobiles is a plus.
· Assemble video snippets into a finished video product after mixing in appropriate sound/graphics special effects, animations, transitions and so on.
· Create a voice track by reading a script (provided) and merge with the video track
· Digitally cut the files to insert the usable snippets into the finished video
· Skilled with common video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere/Final Cut Pro.
· Conversant with common animation tools such as Adobe After Effects
Other duties that might be expected, based on the applicant’s aptitude/interest.
· Customer Outreach/Communication: Browse public forums and ensure that all questions receive a preliminary response within 1-2 days
· Participate in creation of developer oriented showcases on our website demonstrating games using our products, use cases, best practices, special techniques and so on
25-30$/Hr based on experience/skill set. The applicant will work roughly 20hrs/week.
Expected duration of the project is 6 months, with a high likelihood of extension.
The position offers a great opportunity to gain familiarity and acquire skills in the booming game development industry. You’ll also get a chance to work with the engineers and designers in the world’s leading 3D design company and creator of industry standard tools such as AutoCAD, 3DMax, Maya and many others.